This is Mine. This has now turned into my travel blog. sometime i may not make sense and you will just have to bare with me.. staring at a computer screen is a buzz kill. the photos will be mostly mine.

The Summary

I have no idea how i can sum up what was the last 30 days. 
I need to a) thank myself for doing it and b) thank Jaymee for coming along for the ride.. literally.
If i were to give any advice to anyone it would be to roadtrip the states.This country is amazing and never the same.  I found more than one place i would consider living in for the rest of my life.
It was beautiful. enriching and one of the best things that i have ever done in my life, my short 23 years of life.
I wouldn't change a thing. i wouldn't take away the paranoia of a Bong gone wrong, kicking a fucking cactus, Sal breaking down all the fucking time. Nothing, i wouldn't change a thing. everything that happened happened for a reason and made the trip exactly what it was.
I am so happy that in the future i can tell these stories that we accumulated to my friends, family, strangers, anyone and everyone because i want to make them jealous, not something i usually like doing as it is extremely selfish but if i need some make someone jealous in order to get them to experience half of what jaymee and i did then i would do it as a job.
people ask highlights and sure there are some that beat others but combined is what made the trip worthwhile. The 2 years of saving, the last 6 months of my life in Australia had me working a job i didn't like and sometimes working 14 hour days but having the sour makes it taste much sweeter. the good and the bad.
Breaking down in Anaheim after 12 amazing hours in Disneyland brings you back down to earth. Partying in Vegas on a 37th floor building with free alcohol, Catching up with friends from home, cruising the Blvd and finally buying a skateboard from Dogtown - Venice was brought down with selling Sal with 10 days left of the trip.
If everything went breezy then it wouldn't of been worth it, the bad luck stories are the best ones although not at the time, if you make it out alive then it just turns into that crazy time in Arcata or Austin.
I am so glad that i recorded it as well. I would have forgotten most of my trip if i didn't write this stuff down and although i know i have missed things they will come back to me, every time i look at a photo or hear a song that i directly relate to an event.
The Black Lips. Phoenix. The Beatles. Pearl Jam. Nirvana. Foo Fighters. Young the Giant. Rod Stewart. Pretty Lights. Crystal Fighters. Steve Aoki. Dragonette. The Doors. Death Cab. Radiohead. Arcade Fire. Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. Band of horses. the Drums. The Black keys. The Bleeding Knees.  John Cragie. The Foundations.Fleetwood Mac. Jamacia. Jack Johnson. Mark Ronson. 
I hate that is went so fast and while Vancouver is a great town it was nice to be constantly on the go and having no expectations and seeing something new and exciting with every day that passes.
I can gush about it as much as i want and  i will for years to come but i just want people to know what they are missing out on. Its a wild wild world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Sydney
You may have noticed I am not all there myself

Followers